The forecasters were finally right. No word of school changes yet, though (as of 5:25 am).
5:29 AM UPDATE: Seattle Public Schools are CLOSED for today.
5:40 AM UPDATE: Highline Public Schools are 1 hour late, “limited buses.” South Seattle Community College is starting at 10 am. We’ll keep checking for changes, which tend to happen if/as weather worsens.
5:57 AM UPDATE: Metro has updated its list of bus routes on “adverse weather” reroute. See it here.
6:16 AM UPDATE: Holy Family in White Center is closed today.
7:20 AM UPDATE: Shorewood Christian School will be open at 10:30 am.
7:42 AM UPDATE: Per scanner, SW 100th in 4th SW area “impassable.”
7:59 AM UPDATE: Shorewood Christian School changed status to CLOSED.
8:25 AM UPDATE: Myers Way is closed.
8:45 AM UPDATE: Highline Public Schools has changed its plan:
All elementary schools will be closed today due to snow. Because of developing weather conditions and late notice, middle schools and high schools will remain open.
10:55 AM UPDATE: Olson closed too.
11:56 AM UPDATE: Highline Public Schools changed its status again:
Due to worsening weather conditions, we will dismiss secondary students early today.
* Buses will pick up students at Puget Sound Skills Center at 11:45 a.m. and return them to their high schools.
* High schools will be dismissed at noon.
* Middle schools will be dismissed at 12:30.
* Emergency bus stops will be used on all bus routes.
* All after-school and evening activities, sports, and events and evening building use have been canceled.
* Also, we hope to make decisions about tomorrow this evening.
Also, Metro is warning its afternoon service will be limited; read more here.