County Councilmember Jan Drago announces her staff
A news release this afternoon from the King County Council:
Metropolitan King County Councilmember Jan Drago today introduced the staff that will assist her in meeting constituent needs in Council District 8. The five-member staff brings a wealth of experience and knowledge from both public and private sector positions throughout the region.
“With such depth and diversity in their backgrounds and experience with big issues like transportation, budgeting, and the environment, I am confident that the team will serve the citizens of District 8 and the entire county very well,” said Drago. “I consider myself quite lucky to have found an amazing team ready to take on this one-year tour of duty with me on the Council.”
· Marsha Holbrook will serve as Drago’s Chief of Staff. Holbrook brings 30 years of experience in the government sector to Drago’s team, with expertise in local government relations, marketing and logistics. Holbrook is responsible for overall office operations and coordination, as well as focusing on disaster preparedness, public health, youth violence prevention, and regional policy issues.
· Jodie Vice is Drago’s Policy Director. Vice was a member of Drago’s Seattle City Council staff, serving as her lead staffer on regional and local transportation policy. Vice will direct analysis of issues related to transportation, including the Ferry District, the budget and fiscal management, and environmental issues.
· Linda Robson is Drago’s Communications Director. Robson has over a decade of experience in public sector communications work in the region, including positions with Sound Transit, the Regional Transportation Commission, and as an aide to former Seattle City Councilmember Jim Compton. Robson will be responsible for media relations, writing and event planning, and concentrate on regional water and utilities issues.
· Mike Heavey will be Drago’s Community Relations Director. Heavey’s interest in government and politics began at the age of 13 while serving as a page for the Washington State Legislature. His most recent position was as the Eastside field organizer for Dow Constantine’s King County Executive campaign. Heavey will assist Drago with planning and coordinating community events and citizen relations, as well as analysis of law, criminal justice and public safety issues.
· Holly Krejci is Drago’s Executive Assistant and will be responsible for the daily operation of the office and constituent service . Krejci has over a decade of customer service, event planning, and administrative support experience, and is an active member of the Georgetown community in District 8.
Drago was unanimously appointed by the Council last month to fill the vacancy created in District 8 when Dow Constantine was sworn in as County Executive. She is Chair of the Regional Water Quality Committee and the King County Ferry District.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.